Majuro Cooperative International School (“Co-op” as it is often called) is a private, secular school educating students in grades Pre-K through 12th. It is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The school’s campus is located on the southeast corner of Majuro Atoll, the capital of the Republic of the Marshall Islands. The estimated 2007 population of the Marshall Islands is 53,000 with more than half of that number living in Majuro.
Our vision is to create globally and locally minded citizens that become leaders in the Marshall Islands and beyond.
Our mission is to inspire Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade students to become locally and globally responsible citizens and leaders, by providing holistic academic, social tools and technical skills to be successful agents of change. We will initiate an engaged learning community, delivered by an international staff, creating a leading educational institution in the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- Children are the prime resources of the Marshall Islands;
- Everyone associated with Majuro Cooperative School is of equal value;
- All children are capable of learning and it is the role of the teacher to guide and foster this learning;
- It is our job to encourage creativity to help the child express him/herself in a unique way;
- We are global citizens In collaboration and cooperation;
- Diversity is our strength.
Expected School wide Learning Results
- Proficient written and oral communication skills and comprehension in English
- Effective problem-solving, critical thinking and mathematical skills
- Strong, social skills to be a contributing, respectful and responsible members of society.
See the Academic Calendar for important dates during the school year.